The ADIEM system is a proven energy absorbing crash cushion that has been used by state and local agencies for many years. One of the advantages of the ADIEM system is that it can be used in both temporary and permanent applications. The narrow design makes it ideal for use protecting blunt ends of K-Rail and can be relaocated quickly as the railing is moved.
Agencies like the versatility of the ADIEM with its ability to be installed on either concrete, asphalt or compacted soil. In addition to its installation advantages, the ADIEM is available through the Western United States. Contact us today for more details.
The Advanced Dynamic Impact Extension Module (ADIEM™) is a cost effective energy-absorbing system that utilizes lightweight, crushable concrete modules. Enhanced coatings and optional covers provide additional protection from the elements.
- No site-specific foundation pad needed. Can be placed on existing surfaces such as concrete, asphalt or compacted soil/base material.
- Composed of three component groups; reinforced concrete base, engineered lightweight concrete modules, and anchor brackets.
- Re-directive capability. (Beginning Length of Need at 15’ (4.6 m) from nose.)
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant.
Installation and Repair Advantages:
- Pinned anchorage allows unit to be moved and relocated quickly.
- All ten lightweight modules are common in design and composition, requiring no sequence priority when attaching or replacing damaged modules.
- Impact damage to the product is typically confined to the modules making repair a simple process.
- Contains no torque-sensitive bolts.
- No concrete to pour.